|After completion of this course, participants will:
|Participant will be assessed on the following criteria:
|Introduction to project management.
|Understand the nature of projects and project management.
|Successfully apply the steps in the Life Cycle to a specific project as per assignment.
|Project planning and scope management.
|Perform project planning and manage the scope of a project.
|Successfully apply the planning steps to a specific project as per assignment.
Compile a project budget by applying cost estimating techniques.
|Successfully completed a project budget as per Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of a specific project as per assignment.
|Project risk management.
|Apply project risk management practices.
|Successfully apply risk management templates to a specific project as per assignment.
|Project planning tools and techniques.
|Apply project planning tools and techniques such as PERT, CPM and Gantt charts.
|Successfully apply a quality template to identify suitable performance indicators and standards per project activity for a specific project as per assignment.
|Project communication and stakeholder management.
|Perform project stakeholder analyses and compile a comprehensive Communication Plan
|Successfully complete a stakeholder analysis and communication plan per template for a specific project as per assignment.
|Project organisational structures.
|Explore organisational structures in support of projects with specific reference to a Managing-by-Project approach, Project Support Offices, Steering Committees, and Project Sponsors/Directors.
|Successfully explain what kind of organisational arrangements and mechanisms will be put in place to manage a specific project in a specific setting as per assignment.
|Cost, procurement and estimating techniques.
|Understand Project procurement and contract management.
- Select an appropriate type of procurement contract given the characteristics of the specific project or product.
- Compile documentation for procurement.
- Select a vendor by following procedures that would ensure transparency of the process.
- Compile and complete the necessary documentation for the signing of a legal contract between the Buyer and the Vendor.
- Manage the agreed contract fairly and efficiently.
- Manage all scope changes during the implementation phase.
- Develop and manage all procedures necessary to ensure adherence to time, cost and quality during implementation.- Manage the closeout phase of a contract.
To pass the programme, a participant has to obtain a mark of 50% (or more).
Completion of a detailed assignment.